VINCENT F. PITTA is the managing partner of Pitta & Baione LLP. Throughout his nearly forty year career, Mr. Pitta has made it his life’s mission to ensure that working men and women can earn a living to support their families, are treated fairly, have safe workplaces, and maintain benefits that allow them to retire with dignity. Given his life’s mission, Mr. Pitta began his advocacy on behalf of the 9/11 victims immediately following the terrorist attacks. Mr. Pitta takes pride in assisting his clients to obtain health care and victim compensation benefits under the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act.
In the aftermath of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, then Governor Pataki and then Mayor Giuliani established the Lower Manhattan Development Corporation and appointed a board of directors to run its operation. The LMDC was created to help plan and coordinate the rebuilding and revitalization of lower Manhattan south of Houston Street. Mr. Pitta was selected to serve as a member of the LMDC’s Families Advisory Council, which was formed to obtain feedback and input from the families of victims of the World Trade Center attacks, most importantly with regard to the creation of an appropriate memorial to honor the lives of the victims.
In an attempt to secure compensation for the families of the 9/11 victims, Mr. Pitta represented and organized a group of potential plaintiffs in an ongoing litigation known as the Saudi Lawsuit. The lawsuit’s purpose is to hold accountable certain Saudi Arabian individuals, banks, and charities for funding the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
The managing partner of an affiliated law firm, Pitta LLP, Mr. Pitta has concentrated his practice for nearly forty years in traditional labor and management relations in both the private and public sectors, where he represents clients in the hotel, restaurant, sports, entertainment, healthcare, securities, trucking, construction trade unions, real estate, facilities management, cleaning and maintenance, moving and storage, airline parts manufacturing, sanitation, law enforcement, fire safety, education and higher education industries and professions. Mr. Pitta is also the founding and managing member of Pitta Bishop & Del Giorno LLC, a consulting, lobbying and government relations firm.
Previously, Mr. Pitta practiced with Shea & Gould from 1980 to 1994, and was a partner and chairman of the firm’s labor practice group and co-chairman of its government relations practice group from 1989 to 1994. He was also a partner of several prominent mid-size New York City law firms: Richards & O’Neill LLP from 1994 to 1998; Herrick, Feinstein LLP from 1998 to 2003; Pryor Cashman Sherman & Flynn LLP from 2004 to 2006; and Pitta & Dreier LLP from 2006 to 2008.
- New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States Supreme Court
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D. 1978
- St. Francis College, B.A. 1972
- City & State 50 over 50, 2018
- Ellis Island Medal of Honor, 2016
- Police Athletic League Robert M. Morgenthau Award, 2015
- LaborPress Labor Advocacy Award, 2013
- Peggy Browning Fund Honoree, 2012
- St. Francis College Charter Award, 2001
- St. Francis Preparatory School Alumni Hall of Fame Award
- New York Super Lawyers® 2006-2008, 2013-2016
- Lower Manhattan Development Corporation Families Advisory Council (Board Member)
- Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc. (Board Member)
- Peggy Browning Fund (Board Member)
- Samaritan Village (Board Member)
- National Italian American Foundation (Business Council Member)
- CUNY TV The Stoler Report: What’s Happening in Staten Island?, 5/18/2015
- New York State Bar Association (Member)