JOHN D. ZAREMBA is a litigator who limits his practice to cases arising from construction accidents, catastrophic personal injury, consumer and antitrust class action cases, traumatic brain injury, trucking accidents, and medical malpractice. Mr. Zaremba has been recognized by his peers with his selection to Super Lawyers, has been featured multiple times in New York Magazine’s annual list of Top Personal Injury Litigators, as well as the New York Law Journal’s section on “Top Verdicts and Settlements” for each of the past five years, and has also been featured in the New Jersey Law Journal’s section for the top verdicts and settlements. Mr. Zaremba has been selected as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in the State of New York by the National Trial Lawyers Organization, and selected for the National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40. Mr. Zaremba is also a member of the Board of Directors for the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and a member of that organizations’ Labor Law Committee. Mr. Zaremba is also a published author, having had articles featured in the New York Law Journal and the Legal Intelligencer.
Mr. Zaremba frequently lectures on safety and construction accidents, and has taught a class about completing shop steward accident reports at various Construction Trade Unions in New York. Mr. Zaremba counts the members of IAM 15, Sheetmetal Workers Local 28, Laborers Local 78, Laborers Local 79, Operative Plasters 262, TWU 101, Sheetmetal Workers Local 137, Cement Masons 780, and IBEW Local 3 amongst his clients and friends.
Mr. Zaremba is currently active in multiple National and Regional class action litigations pending in different jurisdictions around the country including:
- Nationwide litigation arising from deceptive marketing by a pasta manufacturer
- Nationwide litigation against the NHL for failure to protect its players from brain injury
- Nationwide litigation arising from the deceptive marketing of a vitamin supplement
- Nationwide litigation arising from the Takata airbag recall
- Nationwide litigation arising from deceptive marketing of OTC migraine medication
Prior to founding Zaremba Brown PLLC, he practiced in the New York office of a large international law firm, where he defended actions involving construction accidents, professional malpractice, products liability, and toxic torts.
Mr. Zaremba graduated cum laude from Drew University, where he lettered in varsity baseball and then graduated from the prestigious Fordham University School of Law in Lincoln Center.
- New York
- New York District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2002
- Drew University, B.A., 1999
- New York Law Journal Top Verdicts and Settlements, 2011-2015
- New York Magazine Top Personal Injury Litigator
- American Trial Lawyers Association: Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40
- New York Super Lawyers®, 2016
- New York Super Lawyers® Rising Star, 2013-2015
- New Jersey Law Journal Top Verdicts and Settlements
- $23,394,775.00 settlement as co-lead plaintiff’s counsel in a multi-district consumer fraud action
- $8,943,143 settlement in a complex medical malpractice case with where the defendants’ negligence led to our client’s wrongful death$4,500,000 settlement for the victims of a tractor-trailer accident. This hotly contested interstate trucking case was settled at mediation after a protracted litigation in Federal Court. Prior to the mediation, the defendants had made no settlement offer whatsoever and adamantly denied all financial responsibility based on “insurance coverage” and “choice of law” arguments. The tragic accident from which this case arose was prominently featured in both the national and local media at the time of the occurrence.
- $3,650,000 settlement for a union worker. Client was a Port Authority police officer who was injured when he slipped and fell at a construction site and suffered an injury to his neck.
- $3,500,000 for a client who suffered serious spinal cord injuries leading to partial tetraplegia after a tractor trailer accident
- $3,250,000 for a Union Construction Worker. Plaintiff suffered a fractured ankle when he fell from a ladder. Plaintiff won summary judgment in the Appellate Division for the 1st Department, and this case settled in the midst of a lengthy Trial in Bronx County Supreme Court.
- $2,400,000 for a union construction worker who sustained back and neck injuries
- $2,400,000 for a construction worker who sustained a leg injury in a wall collapse
- $2,025,000 for a union worker who sustained a fractured leg. This recovery came despite the defendant having just $1,000,000 in insurance coverage.
- $2,000,000 for a 63 year old construction worker who sustained a back injury
- Obtained a confidential settlement of more than $1,000,000 total value for a construction worker struck by a man-lift during a quality inspection
- Obtained a confidential settlement of more than $1,000,000 total value for a Catholic Priest injured in an interstate trucking accident.
- Successfully represented the family of a prominent local news reporter who was struck and killed in a tragic automobile accident. The parties reached a large, confidential settlement for an amount equal to all available insurance limits.
- Obtained a large, confidential settlement on behalf of an injured plaintiff who slipped, fell, and fractured her spine resulting in multiple fusion surgeries. The settlement was sufficient to care for our client and her family for life.
- Obtained a large, confidential settlement on behalf of a client who contracted a deadly infectious disease as a result of the negligence of his healthcare provider.
- Pre-Mediation Discussions Maximize Chances of Successful Settlement, New York Law Journal, Nov. 16, 2015
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association (Board Member)