BRIAN M. BROWN is one of New York’s leading trial attorneys having won many millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for his clients, specializing in the areas of medical malpractice and catastrophic-injury cases.
Mr. Brown has been recognized by his peers with his selection to Super Lawyers and has been featured multiple times in New York Magazine’s annual list of Top Personal Injury Litigators and a number of his cases have been featured in the New York law Journals annual Top Verdicts and Top Settlements publications. Mr. Brown has been selected for inclusion and serves on the New York County Supreme Court Advisory Committee for Medical Malpractice.
Although Brian has earned a reputation as an aggressive and relentless litigator, he cares deeply for his clients and approaches each case with both passion and precision. Never one to back down from a fight, Brian gets the maximum possible recovery for his clients due to his willingness to see each case through to the very end, never backing down or giving in on behalf of his clients.
Mr. Brown began his career as a litigator handling complex products liability, toxic tort, and pharmaceutical and medical malpractice litigation at a high-end litigation boutique firm in Manhattan. Mr. Brown handled all aspects of litigation related to industrial machinery accidents, Vioxx litigation, and catastrophic medical malpractice cases, including cases involving Erb’s Palsy and neurologically damaged babies. During his tenure at this firm, Mr. Brown worked to obtain millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for his clients.
Mr. Brown transferred his practice to the New York office of a large international litigation firm. While at this firm, Mr. Brown concentrated his practice in the areas of medical malpractice and professional liability, representing the interests of hospitals, physicians, and legal and accounting professionals. Mr. Brown also represented various corporate defendants in products liability litigation.
Mr. Brown received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Davidson College. While at Davidson, Mr. Brown was three times selected to the Southern Conference All-Academic team in football. Mr. Brown went on to receive his Juris Doctor degree from the Fordham University School of Law. While at Fordham, Mr. Brown was on the Dean’s List and served as President of the Fordham Irish-American Law Students Association.
- New York
- New York District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2002
- Davidson College, B.A., 1999
- New York Law Journal Top Verdicts and Settlements, 2011-2015
- New York Magazine Top Personal Injury Litigator
- New York Super Lawyers®, 2015-2016
- New York Super Lawyers® Rising Star, 2012-2014
- $6,000,000 settlement at the start of Jury Selection in a complex malpractice case involving multiple defendants
- $5,700,000 jury verdict in a pressure ulcer case, thought to be a record total for this type of injury
- $3,500,000 settlement on the eve of trial in a neurologically damaged infant case.
- $3,300,000 settlement during a three week trial in a case where the defendant failed to timely respond to the signs and symptoms of a stroke
- $3,500,000 for a client who suffered serious spinal cord injuries leading to partial tetraplegia after a tractor trailer accident
- $3,250,000 for a Union Construction Worker. Plaintiff suffered a fractured ankle when he fell from a ladder. Plaintiff won summary judgment in the Appellate Division for the 1st Department, and this case settled in the midst of a lengthy Trial in Bronx County Supreme Court.
- $2,400,000 jury verdict in a medical malpractice case involving the wrongful death of a psychiatric patient who was prematurely discharged from the hospital.
- $1,500,000 settlement during the second week of trial in a case in Richmond County where the claim was that the defendant’s failed to diagnose and treat a stroke.
- New York County Supreme Court Advisory Committee for Medical Malpractice (Member)
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association (Member)
- American Association for Justice (Member)