VITO R. PITTA is a founding partner of Pitta & Baione LLP. Mr. Pitta concentrates his efforts in legislative advocacy on behalf of 9/11 victims. He routinely monitors federal, state, and local governmental action which might impact 9/11 health and compensation. Mr. Pitta also conducts community outreach to promote awareness of available health and compensation benefits.
A native New Yorker, Mr. Pitta vividly recalls attending high school in Manhattan during the 9/11 terrorist attacks and the recovery efforts. While commuting from Staten Island through a wrecked downtown to attend Manhattan’s Regis High School, Mr. Pitta was inspired to volunteer with The Twin Towers Fund, where he helped issue payments to the families of 9/11 victims. Established by former Mayor Rudolph Giuliani, the fund issued $160 million in total private benefit payments to the families of 9/11 victims.
In addition to his work with Pitta & Baione LLP, Mr. Pitta serves as Member of Pitta Bishop & Del Giorno LLC, a government relations and consulting firm. In that capacity, Mr. Pitta advocates on behalf of private- and public-sector labor union, not-for profit, M/WBE, and corporate clients. Pitta Bishop & Del Giorno LLC, which represents the New York City Detectives’ Endowment Association, the New York City Uniformed Sanitationmen’s Association, as well as dozens of other labor unions whose members were 9/11 first responders and recovery workers, advocated on behalf of 9/11 victims to the federal government in the years leading up to the 2015 reauthorization of the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act.
Mr. Pitta is also a Partner at Pitta LLP, a firm whose practice consists primarily of traditional union-side labor law, employment law, employee benefits law, and campaign finance compliance law. The firm counts more than forty local and international labor unions as its clients. Mr. Pitta primarily advises the firm’s political campaign and political action committee clients with respect to federal, state, and local campaign finance laws.
Mr. Pitta is a graduate of New York University’s Gallatin School of Individualized Study, where he was a Lewis Rudin Scholar for the entirety of his undergraduate career. In 2008, he received a B.A. in Interdisciplinary Study, having concentrated in law, language, and linguistics. Having graduated summa cum laude, Mr. Pitta was a Founders’ Day Award recipient and Honors Scholar. In 2011, Mr. Pitta received his J.D., cum laude, at Brooklyn Law School, where he was a Carlswell Scholar.
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence, 2011
- New York University, Gallatin School of Individualized Study, New York, New York
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts, 2008
- Regis High School, New York, NY
- New York, 2012
- City & State Staten Island Power 100, 2018
- City & State 40 Under 40 Rising Star, 2012
- Brooklyn Law School Carlswell Scholar, 2011
- New York University Founders’ Day Award, 2008
- Twin Towers Fund, Volunteer
- The Zadroga Act 9/11 Health Compensation Legislation, CUNY TV In Conversation with Michael Stoler, 5/6/2018
- The Art & Science of Lobbying, CUNY TV In Conversation with Michael Stoler, 4/29/2018
- New firm will focus on 9/11 toxin exposure victims, Staten Island Advance, 8/9/2016
- Help For Victims Of 9/11 Exposure On ‘Blue Collar Buzz’, LaborPress, 4/21/2016